Information held by the practice about you is confidential and securely held. Only those directly concerned with your care have access to it. Your written permission is required before any information is divulged to other parties – for example insurance companies, lawyers etc.
You have a right of access to the information held about you. Should you wish to exercise this right you should contact the practice manager who will make the arrangements. A fee is payable.
The Rights and Responsibilities of Patients
We aspire to provide the best possible medical care in a friendly, timely and accessible manner. It is the responsibility of the patient to:
- Use the services properly
- Make appointments with the correct member of staff
- Attend appointments punctually – let us know if you cannot attend
- Read this brochure to allow use of the services to best effect
- Be understanding when the demands of others affect you